A Good One to Start With

A Good One to Start With
BLANKET FLAME

Sunday, July 19, 2009

FINDING MY VOICE


Here's the pattern that was published in a Raleigh News & Observer newspaper article last December, about Spoonflower and its founders Stephen Fraser and Gart Davis (and Kim Fraser's contribution too). I was so flattered– no, honored– to have one of my pattern designs in that article. It kept me dancing around here for weeks, and still makes me very happy. One of the things that impresses me most about the whole Spoonflower concept is the nurturing of a creative community...the spirit of sharing, supporting and encouraging. I've witnessed so much of the opposite and although I have learned to hold my own in that atmosphere, it's not nearly as much fun. Thanks, Stephen.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

You are so talented! I love this pattern - it reminds me of the 20's and 30's - a huge weakness for me as you well know. Then again, I love all of your patterns and you along with them, dear friend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha,
Your blog is so clean and refreshing, and i love your patterns especially the blanket one and the scan! One of your reflections sounds just like you when you were 11! The one about monograms. Reminds me of how endless your imagination was and still is. I'm happy that you are still making beautiful things. Great stuff! x0 ann pitts